Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Last day of adventuring before classes begin.

Hello all!

Today was another day of adventure and new things in Toulouse. The group of international students that I met yesterday all went on a walking tour of Toulouse. It was a sunny, windy and just slightly chilly day. It was gorgeous. I know those reading in Cincinnati are thinking, SHUT UP, IT IS SNOWMAGEDDON OVER HERE. On a side note, whenever I tell people I'm from the United States, the first thing they ask is, Ohhh lot of snow at home?! I reply oui but not here! I swear, that snowstorm must be pretty terrible. I should probably keep up with my home life but I can't live two lives at once!

Anyways, our overly-positive and extremely patriotic tour guide proudly led us through all the important monuments surrounding the Capitole of Toulouse. There is an incredible amount of history surrounding Toulouse. I wasn't aware that it was so complex. I also didn't realize that Toulouse dates back to the 8th century! Everything is just incredible. I took some pictures but I didn't want to seem over tourist-y... I have months to adventure and take all the pictures I want. The tour went on for about 3 hours. It feels nice to have time to be able to enjoy the city BEFORE we begin our courses. After the tour we I had lunch with Olivia on the Capitole square. Holy moley. The food was FANTASTIC.



The woman in the blue coat pointing was our tour guide. She was incredibly knowledgeable!




These were all significant but I can't remember what exactly each were... We saw a TON of buildings... I need to do a bit of research on this :)

A few lunch pictures:
The menu of Les Tenors (all in French). This took a while for Olivia and I to figure out completely...

Wine at lunch? We are in France, right?
(Yes, I did get a burger. Best burger I've ever had btw)

Olivia and the Capitole building behind her.

And of course, we couldn't leave without some caffeine :)


Classes actually begin tomorrow... So wish me luck :)

2 comments: