Wednesday, December 18, 2013

In the Works... Still...

Dear blog readers,


I'm just saying that this process hasn't been easy but I think that it will be worth it. This past weekend, I had to travel to Chicago for a student visa appointment at the French Consulate. As much as I didn't want to go, I made a weekend of it with my boyfriend which definitely made up for the botched meeting.
Although it was approximately 10℉ with the wind chill, that didn't stop us from being super tourists. I wasn't ashamed though because I spent an amazing weekend with Sam. I will miss him dearly while I'm gone... That is, if the French approve my application... Please God, I hope they do.
Anyways, onto the positive:
We saw the Cloud Gate in the Millennium Park or what I called "the bean," which Sam thought was so weird but I think that's a thing :)

Unfortunately, I didn't have the techno gloves that allow you to operate your phone, so my poor hands were freezing!!

We couldn't resist :)

We also went to the Skydeck. I'm not usually fearful of heights but being on the 103rd story of a building in a glass box gave me a bit of vertigo. I was in the bumpout glass chamber for all of 3 minutes and that was enough. Needless to say, I was happy to be on the ground as soon as we got there.

 Sam wasn't much better than me with the vertigo :)

 Check out the 100000 filters and such to brighten it enough to see my face :P

This was horrifying.

I'm so glad that I was able to go to Chicago with Sam because it's our last hoorah before I leave!


On the note of France, today I got my reservation for my room (in French) which is one less thing that I need to worry about. I have violently woken up every night for the last few nights waiting for an email, Thankfully I can stop burning my corneas in the wee hours of the night checking my email.

I'm one step closer to Toulouse!

Until next time,
Au revoir,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment